Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Winter 2011 Blizzard Olympics

There may be 20 inches of snow outside and we have a lot of work ahead of us to get snow cleared from the driveway and barn, but our motto on the 26 Ranch and Arena is "Work a little, Play at a little and then get back to Work."


My Cowboy and the Yankee Kid started clearing snow away from the barn and the horse stalls.

Iceman busting thru the snow.

And let me tell you that the horses were happy to get out and run.

All of the snow had to be piled somewhere, so why not make an Olympic Mountain and jump from the top. Don't worry about getting hurt, yeah right! If one of the boys got hurt we had no way to get them to a hospital. Geesh! Hello Cowboy, don't you remember the snow drifted roads? Shoot we couldn't make it to the highway if we wanted to! My mom was right when she told me that men don't always make sense. These were one of those moments. My Cowboy tried to tell me I was overreacting. Me? Overreacting? Ha!

My Cowboy is the King of the World!

Look at the Yankee Kid's form? Wait, I think he's falling!

I give my Cowboy a Perfect 10!

The Yankee Kid has a pretty good tuck. I'll give him a 9 1/2!

There were no roping dummies injured in the sledding adventure!

I wouldn't wish 20 inches of snow on anybody, but I will say I have thoroughly enjoyed these snow days with my little family. We've spent time laughing, eating home cooked meals, and lots of laundry and cleaning.

MW


No comments :

Post a Comment