Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Cowboy Capital Fellowship and a Red Head

This week I was supposed to leave early Monday morning to spend a week working in Edmond with a partnering company representive from New York. Thankfully, Mother Nature blew a nasty snow storm into the Detroit area and that representative was stuck. Now don't get me wrong, I do feel sorry for that New Yorker. I never wish for someone to be stuck away from home, believe me when I say that I've been stuck in that position many times before. What I was thankful for was that I got the opportunity to spend another night in my own bed, spend more time with my Cowboy, and as luck would have it my mom and dad were down visiting so it gave me one more day with them. Being home for one more night also allowed me to attend church with my family.

Now I know that some of you might be wondering.....Church? On Monday night?

Yes, church on Monday night. But it's not just any church it's cowboy church. Cowboy church allows for those of us who are busy roping, ranching, barrel racing, etc. on Sunday to meet in the evening during the week. Don't worry about dressing up, just show up in your boots and jeans.

With my work travels, I don't get the opportunity to attend Cowboy Capital Fellowship as often as I'd like. But thanks to Mother Nature, this Monday I got to. But this Monday's services wasn't your normal run of the mill service, we had a very special guest. Susie McEntire!

This is Susie McEntire, a country christian artist. Yes, the name is familiar. Susie is Reba's little sister. Isn't she just the cutest little thing you've ever seen?

Susie asked this young man to dance. Can you see how red is face was?

Susie did an amazing job entertaining us "country folk" all while telling us about her walk thru life with God. After two separations and divorce, Susie is a mom with three adult children. "After 25 years of marriage, I could not continue to be in a situation of verbal and mental abuse and remain healthy. I had to make a choice to do what was best for me and my children,” Susie shared. Even after 25 years in an abusive marriage she taught us that if you have God in your life all things are possible. She was so upbeat and positive.

This is Susie with her new husband of 14 months, Mark. It was so nice to see two people so in love. They were funny and told hilarious stories of Mark becoming accustomed to the Okie/Cowboy way of life.


Thank you Susie for visiting Cowboy Capital Fellowship. We really enjoyed your visit.

Click Here to learn more about Susie.

Click Here to view Cowboy Capital Fellowships Facebook Page.

Until next time,

MW

No comments :

Post a Comment