Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Gift Session: Gary and Kristi

I know that we've all come across a gift giving holiday and want to give something meaningful to friends and family.  Finding that meaningful gift can sometimes be hard.  When it came to Christmas, Kristi and Gary's girls wanted to give them something that they could keep for ever and that's exactly what they did...........with a Session and Gift Certificate to Missy Whitfield Photography.


The Perfect Gift!


Prior to the session I had been in correspondence with Kristi and she had mentioned that they's like to include some of the family pets in the photos.  Sure, no problem!  Well, when I pulled into their place......I see cattle dogs on the flatbed truck and a horse loaded in the trailer.  These are my kind of people!


Gary works for a ranch up by Coffeyville, KS and had found a few place on the ranch that he thought would be awesome places to take photos.  And let me tell you that he picked out some amazing spots!  And these weren't just any spots, they were spots that you had to have a 4x4 vehicle to get to them.  AWESOME!


Since I love taking photos in the early morning, because of the spectacular lighting, of course the grass was wet.  And of course I was wearing flip-flops on my swollen pregnancy feet.  Did I say that this was the last photo shoot I did during my pregnancy?  Oh yes, and of course wet flip flops and a blonde the size of a whale don't go together.  Yep, I slipped and broke my flip flop!  Just my luck!  No matter, I'm an Iowa farm girl, I just proceeded on barefoot.  You know the saying, "Barefoot and Pregnant in the Kitchen."  Well, I was "Barefoot and Pregnant in the Pasture."


I love this dead tree!  I wonder if they'd know it if I snuck back there someday with a backhoe and the tree miraculously relocated to a small ranch south of Nowata?


One of the picked out spots had old fallen down stone buildings.  Love!


Oh, fyi, besides my wonderful dog Gus, isn't this the cutest dog ever?!?!


So, this was a pretty neat christmas gift.  Thinking a session and gift certificate is exactly what you need?

Until Next Time,

MW

No comments :

Post a Comment