Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


Thursday, August 4, 2011

I just can't have nice things......

I've been begging my Cowboy for a pool for years. Hello! We live in Oklahoma and it's hot in this state 80% of the time. But every time I ask, "Pretty please with a cherry on top". I get a very quick "NO" for an answer. Doesn't my Cowboy understand that a girl needs things to be happy. And one of those ever so important things is a beautiful golden tan. I know I could just lay out in the hot hot sun, but that would involve sweating. I don't like to sweat when I'm trying to relax. Sweat and Relax just shouldn't be associated together. EVER! So a pool is the answer that I came up with. I could work on my golden tan and stay cool at the same time.

Yet again the answer was no.

I've had friends mention that our back yard was perfect for a pool.

The answer was still no.

When Travis Meyer, the weather guy on Channel 6, said that it was going to be over 100 degrees for the rest of the year (maybe a little exaggeration).

The answer was yes.

Yes? I'm sorry I don't think I heard my Cowboy correctly. Yes?

YES!!!!!!


My Vision.

My Cowboy's Vision.

Our Compromise.

As you can see, I didn't necessarily get what I wanted. But it will do. So for a couple of weeks I officially owned a pool. I was getting one of the first good tans that I'd had in years.

Until.....

Occasionally we like to turn our horses out in the "front" part of place for the day. We simply close our driveway gate and let them engorge themselves in the tall lush grass around the pond bank.

My Cowboy had just gotten home from work and I was in the office working on some photos from a recent photo session, when it happened.

One of the horses, and I'm not going to name names, bit the top blow up ring of the pool and deflated it. Then he pulled and separated the whole top ring away from the pool! I ran out the back door to stop the madness. As I ran around the corner of the house I saw the worst sight ever........

The Damn Horse had one of my floats in his mouth and was swinging it around in the air like he was swinging a rope!

So the moral of the story is that I just can't have nice things.........also I have a Horse For Sale for real CHEAP!

Happy Thursday.

MW


No comments :

Post a Comment