Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Lemon Cupcakes - My Style

The other night I kinda had a little bit of a sweet tooth and decided to make a dessert for my Cowboy and I to enjoy. I walked into the pantry to look and........I realized I really needed to go grocery shopping. Yuck! I can't describe how much I hate grocery shopping......so I didn't go. I decided I was going to make something with a twist. A lemon twist that is.

Have you noticed that I love lemon desserts? It's my guilty pleasure.

Here's what I found in my pantry:

A Betty Crocker French Vanilla Cake Mix
A Box of Lemon Pudding
A Tub of Butter Cream Icing

What could I make? Lemon Cupcakes. Ok. Ok. I might be hooked watching Cupcake Wars on the Food Network. Don't tell my Cowboy, but I think it would be kinda neat to have a cupcake bakery. Of course my love handles might now benefit from the plan.

Cupcakes -
I mixed the cake mix as directed and added the box of lemon pudding as well as 1/4 cup of water. Mixed it all up and poured into a cupcake pan. I also used those little cupcake wrappers. I baked the cupcakes following the directions on the cake mix box and allowed to cool.

Icing -
I added lemon juice to the butter cream icing until I achieved the sweet lemony taste I yearned for.

The Final Product

I added the lemon pudding because I knew it would give the sweet lemon taste that I love as well as give the cupcake a moist texture.

I hope you love it!

Until next time,

MW

No comments :

Post a Comment