Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


Tuesday, March 8, 2011

No Treadmill.....No Problem

Most cookie cutter hotels have a fitness room and the machines included in that fitness room include 1 treadmill, 1 elliptical, 1 bike. However sometimes there are variations......... 2 treadmills and 1 bike. Oooohhhh what a big variation!

Variation #1

Last week's variation 1 working treadmill, 1 broken treadmill, 1 broken bike. So that leaves only 1 working machine. Look mom I can add and subtract!

Only 1 working machine is just fine, as long as I'm the one using it. But I'm just not that lucky. That night after a long day of work, I walked into the fitness room to continue my Couch to 5K training and was stopped by a man working out on the treadmill number 1. I began to get on treadmill #2. My workout buddy informed me that the treadmill was broken and so was the bike. I thought great, now what? Before I could ask him he informed me that he wouldn't be done until 8pm and he had already promised the treadmill to another man after he was done. Shoot! So I got the great idea to run stairs.

Stairs? Stairs! I was an idiot. I made it up and down just a few times and then pondered calling 911. Why 911 you may ask? Because I thought I was going to die! Well, at least I still worked out that night.

The next night I got back to the hotel exactly at 5pm in hopes to make it to the fitness room before anyone else could. Wrong! I walked in and there was a cute old man with white fitness socks that stretched up to his knees walking on the good treadmill. My plans were spoiled again! I then got to thinking, you know I had never tried treadmill #2. There wasn't a "out of order" sign on it, maybe is wasn't really broken. I got on treadmill #2 and it started! I started my 5 minute walking warm up and just as I started increaseing my speed to begin running...........shut down! I almost fell on my face! So yep.....it was broken.

This could have been me!

My little old workout buddy was still walking and I think he might have been pushing 2 miles per hour at that time. I decided how could a stationary bike be broke. Well, it was a functioning bike, just no options of increasing resistance. I ended up riding it for 30 minutes and went of distance of 5.25 miles.

Maybe setting a planned workout program isn't the best option for my schedule at this time. However, I've learned to be creative with my workouts. Step one is to get moving.

So I'm making an effort to keep moving.

Until next time,

MW

No comments :

Post a Comment