Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


Thursday, October 6, 2011

Lighting 101

Why is it that sometimes the simplest concept is so hard to get?  It's probably because I'm blonde.  My Cowboy would say it was because I'm too much like my mother.  Either way, I just don't get it.  And when I don't get it.......I try, try, and try again until it finally turns that light bulb on in my head.

Today's Subject:  Lighting

These photos will show you the difference a light source will make on an object, simply by where the light it coming from.

OH!  And the flowers were given to me by my amazing Cowboy!  Love You Bunches!


This is with the light source (window) directly in front of the flowers.


This is with the light source directly behind the flowers.


But this gorgeous photo is with the light source off to the side.  Isn't that a beautiful soft light?

Now let's move onto artificial lighting.

This photo was taken with my SB600 external flash.  Nothing wrong with the photo, it just doesn't have a wow factor.

The other day I bought an LED Pocket light with intentions of using it for dark receptions.  While in my living room with the lights off, I held the LED light off to the left and...........this is what I got.  


Simply by turning the same photo to B/W I got a photo with a lot of emotion.  Just imagine the same technique used on a first dace photo of a Bride and Groom.

Breath Taking.

MW





No comments :

Post a Comment