Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


Tuesday, September 13, 2011

2011 Texas Quilt Shop Hop

This past weekend I joined my Mama and Sister on an adventure to remember!  The 2011 Texas Quilt Shop Hop.  At first it was just my mom and sister going on the trip, however once they realized that they'd be driving near dallas........the panic attacks began.  That's when they called Super Missy to the rescue.  Yep, I was hired on to be their personal driver.


We left on Thursday morning and arrived in Texas safely.  Thanks to my mad driving skills.  We visited 3 quilt shops the first day.

Our first stop was in Gainesville, Tx.  

I started this trip out as just the driver.  However, at some point between walking into the first shop and walking out the door, I got the crazy idea in my head........Hey I can make quilts too!  With this idea in my head, the trip became much more funner for me.  (Is 'funner' a word? My spell check didn't have a problem with it.)


First shop of day 2........Denten, TX

On the second day we had planned on hitting 5 shops, but that wasn't the case.  We became overachievers that day and visited 7!  Yep.  Seven.


My Mama and me.


My Sister and Mama.


My Sister and me.


The photo above is of my Mama and Sister in front of the Blue Ribbon Quilt Shop.  It's located in Wylie, Tx.  And the best part of this shop was that it was next door to a bakery.  The owner of the bakery is famous for being on Cupcake Wars and the Food Network.  Check out their website www.sayitwithsugar.com


This was our first shop on Day 3 and our overall favorite.  The Quilt Mercantile is located in the one horse town of Celeste, Tx.


This is one of the quilts they had on display.  I thought it was the most absolute cutest christmas quilt I've ever seen.


We had a passport that listed every quilt shop in Quilt Across Texas event.  At every shop we had our passports stamped, which entered us in many door prizes.  Keep your fingers crossed for me.  The drawings will be done at the end of September.

I had a great time on my Quilt Across Texas Trip.  If your interested in doing it.....check out.....www.quiltacrosstexas.com.

Many thanks to my Mama and Sister for making me go on the trip.  I believe that my mouth is stuck in a permanent smile and my sides are still aching from all the laughing.

Love you both!

MW

No comments :

Post a Comment